SPOILER ALERT – We’re here to count all the best Game of Thrones quotes from Olenna Tyrell, the Queen of Thorns and best burn server in all of Westeros.
If you’re a real fan of Game of Thrones, then you’ve probably seen Season 7, episode 3 where Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen meet, Sansa and Bran Stark meet AND Euron Greyjoy rocks his rockstar outfits while making us hate him more.
But probably one of the most epic scenes of the episode was when Jamie Lannister had sieged Highgarden and confronted the last Tyrell monarch, Olenna Tyrell.
Just when we thought Olenna was going to get the same brutal death as her grand-daughter (we’re still hurt about Margaery’s death, TBH), Jamie gives her poison to drink with her wine instead.
Of course, because she’s a bad-ass, she downs the wine and reveals information that she’s been sitting on since season 4 – that she was the one who poisoned Joffrey, Jamie’s incestuous son with Cersei.
Every Game of Thrones fan was mind blown by this last, dignified and bad-ass move from Lady Olenna, who’s responsible for a lot of the most sassiest lines in the series.
And so, as tribute to the best grandma in all of the Seven Kingdoms, here are the best Game of Thrones quotes delivered by Olenna Tyrell:
- I wonder if you’re the worst person I’ve ever met. At a certain age it’s hard to recall, but the truly vile do stand out through the years.
This she said to Cersei. No explanation needed.
When she got interrupted by Ellaria Sand’s daughters:
Olenna: What is your name again, Barbaro?
Olenna: Obara, you look like an angry little boy, don’t presume to tell me what I need.
And then, when she turned to Obara’s sisters and said:
3. Do shut up, dear… Anything from you? No? Good. Let the grown women speak.
When Tywin Lannister meant to insult her by calling out her grandson’s homosexuality, instead, Olenna owned it.
4. A sword swallower through and through.
This useful piece of advice to Daenerys:
5. “Peace never lasts, my dear. Will you take a bit of advice from an old woman? I’ve known a great many clever men. I’ve outlived them all. You know why? I ignored them. The lords of Westeros are sheep. Are you a sheep? No. You’re a dragon. Be a dragon.”
6. He really was a cunt, wasn’t he?
This epic burn for Jamie after he laid siege over Highgarden:
7. Jamie: There are always lessons in failure.
Olenna: Yes, you must be very wise by now.
And lastly, as her final “peace out” to Jamie and by extension, Cersei, before her death, confessing that she killed their son.
8. “Must have been horrible for you as a Kingsguard, as a father. It was horrible enough for me. A shocking scene. Not at all what I intended. You see, I had never seen the poison work before. Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.”
You will forever be missed, Lady Olenna!